The Big Moose Chapel, built by Earl Covey, in Big Moose Lake, NY. Unfortunately, the original chapel burned hours before it was to be dedicated on July 19, 1930. Services were held outside the day after the fire and the parishioners began collecting funds to rebuild their church. Earl Covey, the original architect and builder, also rebuilt the church and the first formal service took place on June 28, 1931 with the dedication of the church later that year on August 2nd. One of its more famous pastors was the Rev. Frank A. Reed, the lumberjack sky pilot who frequently preached at lumber camps throughout the region.
AdirondackNew YorkNYNatureChurchChapelStoneMountainsBig Moose LakeLandscapeOld Forge